I missed it.
I MISSED Pi day. I love every March 14th, because I LOVE pie. I love pie crust, I love pie filling; I just love pie. It’s a day when a thing two things I enjoy mesh with a thing I despise, and I love it. The thing I despise? Fucking math. If it’s not sewing math, I don’t want it. I’m not even amazing with sewing math, I honestly just sort of…wing it? Most of the time. The clothes look nice and fit me, so who gives a shit?
Anyway, I missed Pi day.
But, I’m a new mom now, so……………….
I did, however, make up for it. With a super delicious BLUEBERRY CREAM PIE, about a week later. This year I cheated and used a ready-made pie crust, because, new mom, remember? It came out pretty great though, store-bought crust and all. Check it:
MMMmmmMMmmMMmm…streusel-y goodness. Who doesn’t love a good sugar-butter-flour crumble? Probably just people who haven’t had it yet. So, babies.
Anywho, here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen. Note: an entire bag of frozen blueberries from Aldi is the PERFECT amount.
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll that store-bought pie crust out into a deep dish pie dish. Cover those edges with foil to keep from burning, or let them burn and then take them off like I did, because I was out of foil.
- For the filling, combine the sugar and flower together. Using an electric mixer, beat (into the dry mix), the sour cream, egg, vanilla, and salt on medium speed for maybe five minutes, or until super creamy and you can no longer see any trace of sour cream. Add blueberries and mix on low until combined, so like 10 seconds. Note: I like to mix instead of fold because I like some of the berries to smoosh. Pour batter into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- For the streusal: crumble the flour, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Some people use a fork, but I prefer to use my fingers because I feel like it gets the job done a million times better. Also, everything is better when you get extra handsy. Consensually, of course.
- Take the pie out, crumble topping over as evenly as possible, and replace it in the overn to bake for another 15 minutes, or until the topping is a pretty golden brown. Let sit until cool, and then enjoy. Share if you want, but you don’t have to. I did, and I regret it.
Oh, the Scandal I’ve mentioned in the title? Not an actual scandal, but I DID start the series over again after realizing there were like 4 whole other seasons since I last watched, and let me tell you, Fitz is still a mother fucking baaaaaaaaaaabe.
Don’t worry, Liv. I got you too, boo.